Shun Classics are the original Shuns, the first Japanese style knives to be made available to a wider audience in North America. Instead of heavy, ponderous blades, Shun Classic blades are lighter with razor-sharp edges and crafted from advanced steel. Rather than weighty, Western Handles, Shun Classic offers the graceful control of a traditional Japanese handle.
Shun Classic features beautiful Damascus-clad blades, with a cutting core of Shuns proprietary VG-MAX stainless steel, and a D-shaped ebony Pakkawood handle. The Shun Classic series also offers the widest assortment of both traditional culinary blade shapes and cutting-edge designs, so you can always find the right knife for the task.
Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core
- VG_MAX is the newest in the VG line of “super steel”
Stainless Damascus cladding
- 34 mirco-layers of steel on each side support the core (69 layers total), add stain/corrosion resistance, and help food release from the blade.
Razor-sharp 16 Degree cutting edge
- Hand sharpened to a 16 degree angle each side for the top performance.
Full composite tang
- Ensures Classics are lightweight, yet perfectly balanced.
Pakkawood D-shaped handles
- This traditional Japanese style has a slight ridge on the right for a comfortable, secure grip; ebony Pakkawood is beautiful, durable, and wont harbor bacteria.